Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday

Good Morning

Today is a special day for Norma and me. You see this is one of our children’s birthday. I remember the night well. Norma went into labor about 11:30 p.m. – just as I was nestling down for a good sleep. I had scheduled the next week to be vacation in anticipation of the new arrival – but suddenly Norma is telling me that we need to consider going to DeKalb General Hospital. I told her she would have to wait until my vacation week. She set me straight right away.

I didn’t rush too much because I figured that labor always take some time. So we moseyed over to DGH, not going particularly fast. I don’t think we got there until around 1:15 or so. We parked the car and walked into the hospital – notice the “we” meaning that I didn’t drop Norma off – where she was immediately put into a wheelchair and whisked off to the unknown. I was assigned the task of getting her admitted to the hospital. Nothing moves quickly at 1 a.m. in the morning so I didn’t get up to the waiting room until right at 2:00 a.m. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the doctor walking towards just after I sat down. Heather Nancine Gant was born at 2:09 a.m. on April 29th. What a joy!!!

I have mentioned many times before that I am a blessed man. I really am. God has blessed me with five children – four boys and one girl. Each one is precious to me – and each one is precious to God. I find myself thinking often of seeing my children grow into adulthood. I can still picture the three year old with pigtails who was so assertive even at that age. She hasn’t changed – and that’s good. So this good morning, I want to thank God for my Heather. Several years ago we almost lost her – but He preserved her and put her in a place where she can thrive.

Thank you for sharing this day with Norma and me.

Have a good day!!!

Agape’

Mr. Jim
Fatdad5@comcast.net
"Preach the Gospel everyday - and if you have to, use words" ... St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment