Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Too Much???

Good Morning!!!

I played eight holes of golf Monday afternoon. I quit at eight because it was soooo hot – and I felt like I was about to keel over. Fortunately, the eighth green is closer to the parking lot than the ninth tee – so the walk wasn’t too far. But I started thinking about the heat yesterday – we complain about how hot and dry it is. And the thought came to me about these two words … “I thirst.”

If the words sound familiar, they are those uttered by our Lord, Jesus on the cross.

John 19:28-29 (English Standard Version)
The Death of Jesus

28After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), "I thirst." 29A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth.

So what Scripture did it fulfill? Let’s try Psalm 22:

Psalm 22:14-15 (English Standard Version)
14I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint;
my heart is like wax;
it is melted within my breast;
15my strength is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to my jaws;
you lay me in the dust of death.


We should never forget the agony that Jesus suffered on the cross. His agony was not only physical. He faced complete rejection by all – including His Father, God – because while He was on the cross, He took on the burden of mankind’s sin – and God turned away from Him.

Yes, it was hot on the Links Monday – and I struggled along pulling my cart, asking for a breeze. But my discomfort could never compare to the agony that my Lord suffered for me on that day on Golgotha. Is it too much for Him to ask that I share with you and with those who do not know Him the beautiful story of a man who gave up all for each one of us? Is it too inconvenient? Is it too scary? Am I up to the task?

Someone you will meet today will need to know about Jesus Christ. What a good day to share Him.

Agape’

Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment