Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, September 17, 2010

Anticipatory Prayer

Good Morning!

I don’t know if you have heard of it – but I want to pray an Anticipatory Prayer today. Anticipatory prayer is when one prays in anticipation of God’s blessing already. In short, we know that God is our Father and cares about us so we live in expectation of His blessing. Here is what I would like to say:

Dear Father,

Thank You for the day to come.
I know there will be challenges that face me – but I also know that You will be with me each step of the way.
I know there will be victories that I won’t recognize until much later – but that You will patiently wait for me to get the message.
I know there will be some defeats as well – areas where I won’t meet the expectations I set for myself. Thank you for showing me that you love me in spite of my failures.
I know my every need will be provided – and some of my wants as well. Help me, Father, to be appreciative of what You provide and not to complain about the wants I don’t get.

Thank You, Father, for the person You have joined me with – she completes my life, and I am grateful.
Thank You for giving her a patient spirit that puts up with me and all my junk. I thank you for the ups and downs we will face – and for the secure knowledge that You will guide us to love one another throughout all our days.

Thank You, Father, for my children. They are all adults now – and You have done well with them.
I know that they won’t always do what You want – but that You will watch over their footsteps and return them to the right way. Thank You for protecting them – and guiding them.

Thank You, Father, for my grandchildren and great grandchild. They are a joy for Mawmaw and Pop.
Thank You for helping them grow in Your grace each day.

Thank You, Father, for my Christian brothers and sisters who pray for me and Miss N each day. Thank You for the witness of each one. Thank You for the encouragement they provide on my gloomy days.

Thank You, Father, for my job and for the people you have placed over me. Help me to be obedient to them for Your Name’s sake.

Thank You, Father, for our great nation. Watch over our leaders. Implant Your mind in each so they will lead this nation towards righteousness.

It is a good day, Lord. One You have made just for Your children to enjoy. We look forward to it with anticipation of Your coming.

In Jesus Name…

Yes, I do anticipate that our Father, God, will do all these things – not because I demand it but because He loves me. He loves you too. So pray with anticipation… have a blessed weekend.


Agape’



Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment