Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Birthday Greetings

Good Morning!

Since today is my birthday, I would like to repeat again the verse I consider to be my life verse:

Galatians 2:20 (English Standard Version)
20I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Breaking it down:

“I have been crucified with Christ.” - sIn ruled my life until the day Jesus Christ entered my life, cleaned me up, and set me on a new path. So the “I” in sIn – the “me” desire – was borne by my Savior, Jesus, on that miserably glorious day of crucifixion. Therefore “I” have been crucified with Christ. Hallelujah – praise God!

“It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me” – It took me a long time but I finally got it – I am a bond servant to Jesus Christ. He is my Lord – He is my Master. My will and my selfish desires MUST be set aside to do His will and fulfill His desires – because He lives in me. This is not to say that I am perfect – no – but He is in the process of perfecting me. Again, hallelujah – praise God!

“And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God” – Yes, I am still sojourning on this earth – beginning my 62nd year – looking forward to each new day with great expectation of God’s blessings for me, my family and my friends. Hey, that includes each and every one of you!!! God has richly blessed me with a plethora of friends – some I don’t even know – who pray for me, care for me, and just love me because Jesus loves them. Can I say it again? Hallelujah – praise God!

“who loved me” – What an awesome thought. Jesus looked down through history, saw me – and LOVED me. Each time I think of this, I am moved to tears – at the simple thought that Jesus loves me. Hallelujah – praise God.

“and gave Himself for me.” Not only did Jesus love me – He surrendered everything He had to redeem my soul. Yours, too. The words are too inadequate – but the meaning is true: hallelujah – praise God.

Today is a good birthday. I have to report to jury duty at 9 a.m. But our son Bryan will be in town tomorrow – we haven’t seen him since May – and that will be a good birthday present. I got a great card from my Mom – another blessing God affords me even today. My other children will touch base sometime today. And my good friend, Pastor James Cook, sent birthday greetings. Miss N is giving me some golf shoes – I already know that because I picked them out – and my golf buddies will attest that they were really needed. They better watch out – I might even drop a stroke or two. (I know, it ain’t the arrow…).

God bless each of you today.

Agape’



Mr. Jim

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, I had to report for jury duty yesterday, I made it up to the questioning part by the lawyers but that was it..

    ReplyDelete