Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, March 4, 2011

Some Hard News

Good Morning!

A quick quiz for a Friday morning …

What do Ray Charles, Ronnie Milsap, and Gordon Mote have in common?

If any of you say they are sight impaired, you would be correct. You could also say that each are musicians and singers. And that would be correct as well.

Now I know you have heard of Ray Charles … though he is now deceased. And you should be hearing of Ronnie Milsap any day now. But not a lot of folks know about Gordon Mote. Gordon Mote may be one of the most sought after accompanist in the Nashville area. I know him through his recordings with the Gaither Vocal Band.

On January 31 of last year, Norma and I went to a Gordon Mote concert at Rock Springs Church in Milner Georgia. It was a great concert. One of the songs he sang was “If They Could See You Through My Eyes” – a song he wrote and performed for his wife. Keep in mind that Gordon cannot see at all. Here’s the lyric:

Everyone tells me how beautiful you are
And what a lucky man I am
Although they all can see the way you look at me
They couldn’t see it like I can
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/g/gordon_mote/if_they_could_see_you_through_my_eyes.html ]
Chorus:
If they could see you through my eyes
They’d know where the real beauty lies
Deep inside your heart
Who you really are
If they could see you through my eyes

Only I have to do is gently touch your face
Baby I can tell so much
Although I’ll never see the way you look at me
I know I’m the lucky one

In the quiet of night
When I hold you close
I can feel how bright you shine


The next morning, Norma underwent surgery to repair the macular hole that had developed in her eye in the hopes that her sight would be fully restored. Yesterday, after thirteen months, the doctors told her that she will not recover full sight in that eye. I did my best to hide my emotions when she told me … but in my heart, I wept for her. I know how disappointed she is … and I cannot help but share in that disappointment.

But here is what I believe: when life issues us a challenge, it presents our great God with opportunity. I know my God can help us adjust to this new world … and in doing so, bring glory to His name. I also know my God is in the healing business. You see, the hole is healed but the electrical impulses that bring clarity to the sight are not there. My God who put the forces of nature together that produces the mighty bolts of lightning CAN restart electric impulses in a person’s eye … and He will if it brings glory to His name. Norma and I are praying in that direction. But until He does, we are going to hold fast to the faith that has carried us this far – for our God is faithful in all phases of life.


Agape’

Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment