Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Testimony

Good Morning!

I finally got around to checking my Facebook messages yesterday and found out that one of the Stewart clan is attempting to get a reunion started. As I read through the comments from several of what were youngsters at the time, good memories flooded my soul.

Testimony time:
I grew up a Presbyterian. I was very much less than devout. I was more OUT and devout. Norma and I had moved from the north side of Atlanta to College Park in 1971. One Saturday a red and white church bus drove through the apartment complex we were living in. They gave Jim and Heather each a piece of bubble gum and invited them and Miss N to ride the bus the next day to church. I didn’t go … I needed my sleep.

Several weeks later, Miss N prodded me into getting on that bus and going to Sunday school and Church at a Baptist church!!! I sat silently through that first Sunday school session and through the subsequent Church service. The next night, the Sunday school teacher showed up at my house. I was polite … but not interested. But I rode the bus the next week … and the week after … and so on. The next thing I knew, I was driving the bus. And I was enjoying the Sunday school and worship. The Bible that I had just given a cursory look before seemed to contain more of what I needed.

Somewhere along the line, the Holy Spirit was gently knocking on the door of my heart … preparing me to accept Jesus as Lord as well as Savior. And on December 3, 1971 … soon to be forty years … I made that commitment. I haven’t been able to shut up since … as many of you already know.

There is just something special about Jesus Christ that changes lives. It changed mine. And I know it will change yours.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment