Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, July 14, 2011

VBS Day 3

Good Morning!

VBS Day Three:

It is still hot in Riverdale … but the VBS is progressing well. Stuart Trott and Rose Lucas really helped me out by being the voices of Jeremiah Jellyfish and Flora Flying Fish. Stuart even gave Paul the Porpoise with a Purpose a whirl.

VBS has many good memories for me. While we were at Poston Road church – has it really been ten years ago – we had some wild VBS times. We had undersea adventures and expeditions looking for Jesus. Each one brings back good thoughts. It is hard for me to think that most of the young boys and girls we taught back then are now adults … some with children of their own. I think we made a difference. I hope so.

Turning back to the praise points for the week, Heather is progressing on her relocation … and Augie will be rejoining his mom this week. The road of life can be filled with a number of pot holes … and sometimes we see the pot holes as enormous drop offs … but God remains faithful throughout our journey. We are not alone whatever occurs. God is with us one hundred percent of the time. He will never leave us or forsake us.

The other night as I lay in bed, just before sleep came, I remembered how it was Cud’n Kate who taught me how to make a cat purr. You see, Eddie Cat likes to cuddle with Mr. Jim at night. And he insists on having his ears scratched. Cud’n Kate taught me to scratch a cat’s ears over fifty years ago … and I can still recall her voice today. Cud’n Kate taught me about Jesus, too. At the time, she was already in her eighties … but patiently shared the simple message of Jesus with a young boy. We are never too old to tell people about Jesus.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment