Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Slam on SPAM


Good Morning! 

Whew!!! What a day!!!  I spent most of Monday (after our worship service at Friendship Rehabilitation Center) trying to get yesterday’s Good Morning message to you … finally resorting to asking daughter Heather how to create and post a blog.  She quickly found where I already had a blog spot that I used in 2011.  I had forgotten … no comments about my aging, please.  By the way, thank you for letting me know that you received some of my messages.  And thank you, son Jim, for doing your research for me.  The article is true … once Google thinks a person is spamming, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to get a message out.

By the way, what a slam to SPAM – the meat product of my parent’s generation. Hormel Foods introduced this combination of pork and ham meats plus fillers in 1937. It became very popular during World War II when food was rationed and meat was hard to attain.  Later, it became an inexpensive alternative for those whose financial resources were limited. I am sure that I have eaten my share of SPAM during my lifetime.

I have often asked the question “WIIFM”.  I am contemplating what God has in it for me when it comes to the difficulty of yesterday. I think one of the lessons I learned is how important I feel these messages I send are for some of you.  When I began to encounter this issue last week, I received several messages, wondering if I were sick or if something had happened to me.  Occasionally, I get an email from one or more of the members of the group telling me that the posting for that day was meaningful.  I am grateful for those messages as each one encourages me in this ministry.

I am very grateful to God for the ministry He gave me eleven years ago.  Over the span of years, there have been many times I arose with a blank slate … only to have the Holy Spirit speak to me in God’s Holy Word for that day. I love those days … hoping that each day will have less of ME and more of HE. 

Speaking of more of HE, let’s take a look at the verse of the day on Biblegateway:

Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,

You know that I can’t let a “therefore” go without knowing what a therefore is there for.  We have to remember that chapter and verse numbers are an addition to the original letters that were penned – designed to help us learn Scripture in little bites.  When we look at the letter to Hebrews, we find that chapter 12 is a continuation of the statement of the impact of faith given in chapter 11.  Have you considered how important one or more persons in your life was and is in leading you to faith in Christ Jesus?  Do you realize that your faith in Christ Jesus changed your status from a creation of God to a child of the King?  And, do you appreciate the benefits of His discipline? 

The writer of Hebrews wants us to understand and be grateful for God’s everyday involvement in our lives … and for the security we find in that status.  What a blessing for today.

Well, let me say to you that I am grateful to God for each one of you.  Again, thank you for your patience.  God bless and keep you this good day.

Agape’

Mr. Jim

Prayer: Father, thank You for reminding me how important this ministry is to me. In Jesus’ Name … Amen.  

Scripture for today: Hebrews 12:28

New Prayer Needs and Updates: (hey, listen – most of these prayer requests come from you … so I need you to let me know if things change so we can update them – especially when we need to praise God for His healing.)


Praises for Answered Prayer:

No comments:

Post a Comment