Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Importance of Integrity

Good Morning!!!

Proverbs 19:1 (English Standard Version)
1 Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity
than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.


Getting ahead isn’t easy – and sometimes we are tempted to fudge a little to get an advantage – but for us poor folks (poor in finances – not in Spirit), the only real value we have is our good name. When we set aside our good name to “get ahead”, we lose and fall further behind. And there is even greater fallout if we are known as Christian believers – because our name is not the only name we bear. We bear the name of Christ Jesus, our Lord. I don’t want to sully my name – and I really don’t want to tarnish the Name of the One who gives me life. So I need to be real careful how I go about living this life. Oh, I know that I will make mistakes – integrity doesn’t mean one never makes a mistake – it means the person has the strength of character to admit to the mistake and grow from the experience.

Each day presents its new challenges that we must face. Isn’t it grand to realize that we don’t face the journey alone?

Agape’

Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment