Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, July 23, 2010

Weekend

07/23/2010

Good Morning!

A boy was watching his father, a pastor, write a sermon.
"How do you know what to say?" he asked.
"Why, God tells me."
"Oh, then why do you keep crossing things out?"

I have a couple of readers of the Good Morning who are preachers and will appreciate the above. But isn’t there a little seed of truth in the joke? God tells us (over and over again – it seems) what His will is for our lives – but we seem to have a breakdown in communication. As the wise man once said: “God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason – we should spend twice our time listening and half our time talking.”

Well, we come to the weekend. It has been a good week for me and Miss N – at least I think it has been. Wednesday morning we both went out to the Wee Links and walked around the course. I was hitting a little white ball – she was taking pictures. But it was a joy to be out with my sweetheart – sweating on the course.

Proverbs 5:18-19 (Contemporary English Version)
18Be happy with the wife
you married
when you were young.
19She is beautiful and graceful,
just like a deer;
you should be attracted to her
and stay deeply in love.


I am truly a blessed by God with the wife He gave to me forty-four years ago. We have had and continue to have a very loving, caring relationship. What a joy to be able to write these words. I hope for each of you that you will find a similar relationship.

The weekend is upon us. Miss N and I hope to make a side trip to Helen this Sunday and see some red-headed grandchildren. It seems like months have passed since we saw them. I also hope to catch up with Travelin’ Jim and find out about the Kenya mission so I can share that with you next week.

Have a great weekend in the Lord.

Agape’

Mr. Jim

1 comment: