Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, July 26, 2010

Special....

Good Morning!

Hebrews 12:1-2 (English Standard Version)
Jesus, Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith


1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Miss N and I went to First Baptist – Helen GA yesterday. My oldest son, Jim, is an Associate Pastor there and has just returned from Kenya via Myrtle Beach… (he gets home from Kenya on Monday, July 12th, and heads to Myrtle Beach with the Youth on July 17th for a week). So Sunday was the first time Miss N and I had gotten to see him since he got back.

They had a guest preacher there – a fellow who is the Director of Admissions at Truett-McConnell College in Cleveland GA. He preached on the scripture above – and it was a great sermon. One quick point from the sermon: what or who was the joy that Jesus endured the cross for? The answer, my friends, is you and me. Jesus didn’t endure the cross for the glory – He already had all glory and laid it aside for us. Think about that for a moment. Jesus put aside His glory for you and for me. Jesus endured the shame of the cross for you and for me. Jesus endured Hell for an eternity (don’t ask me how – remember, He is an infinite God and I have only a finite mind) for you and for me. And He considers us His joy.

I remember when each of my children was born. I can tell you the day of the week and the hour of the day. The reason is that I consider each of my children to be a joy for me and for Miss N. And, no, they aren’t perfect – but neither is their Dad. They are, though, a precious gift given by God. And they bring me much joy.

You are Christ’s joy. What a great thought for this Monday morning – and for each morning.

Agape’

Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment