Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Called

Good Morning!

Romans 8:26-30 (English Standard Version)
26Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because[a] the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[b] for those who are called according to his purpose. 29For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

Footnotes:
a. Romans 8:27 Or that
b. Romans 8:28 Some manuscripts God works all things together for good, or God works in all things for the good

I wish I was smarter. Not that I am unintelligent but there are many things I do not understand. And some might say that these things I don’t understand are weaknesses in me. And I guess they would be right because I cannot refute them. But as I read Paul, I begin to understand that this life I am living really isn’t about me but about He who lives in me. And because He who lives in me is the Creator of all, when I don’t understand, He does. That being the case, I can live in confidence, knowing that whatever my failures might be, He is capable of overcoming.

What is really neat to contemplate is the fact that God has a purpose for me. God has a purpose for you, too. And this purpose will be fulfilled for us and in us when we surrender to His guidance. We just have to realize that He is in control and let go of the reins of our lives. You see that is what the word “Lord” means. Jesus is our Savior in that He died for us – and in doing so, redeemed us. But Paul tells us that Jesus is our Lord – which means He is in control. Sometimes I forget that – and try to take back control. What a mess I can make in just a few moments.

“…all things work together for good…”. You mean my mess ups can work for good? Yes, they can. God can make much out of a mess. But we have to turn it back over to Him. And why shouldn’t we? After all, He already knows what tomorrow will bring – and He can help us through.

He can also help us through today – I think I am going to spend a few moments with Him right now asking for His directions.

Agape’

Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment