Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brothers and Sisters - Witnesses

Good Morning!

God is so good!!! And He has surrounded us with so many good Christian brothers and sisters who care about us and love us. I cannot mention everyone – so if I leave you out, please don’t be offended or think that your participation is not noticed or appreciated. Know that I love each of you – the ones I know and the ones who pray for us that don’t even know us.

Tuesday as I was walking into Southern Regional I saw a familiar face. Being the old codger that I am, I sometimes don’t remember names as quickly as I should – so I asked him his name. It was / is Hinton Harris – who preached Norma’s mother’s funeral in May 1998. I asked him if he remembered Virginia Pennington and he immediately said that he did - no hesitation at all. I then mentioned that Virginia’s daughter was in the hospital facing surgery and he said he would pray for her. Well, yesterday, I was sitting at Norma’s bedside when there was a knock on the door and in popped Hinton Harris. He saw that Norma wasn’t up to much of a visit – but he came to pray for the daughter of a friend from way back. What a blessing!

We also had a visit from Frankie Lynn Clardy. Mrs. Clardy taught at Riverdale Elementary for many years – and became good friends with Norma as our kids matriculated through the school and then Norma began working as a lunchroom monitor. Frankie Lynn stopped by to give Miss N some flowers and to have a brief word. Again, a blessing sent especially for us.

I could go on and on about the phone calls and the emails that I have received. But I want to share a special one with you … I won’t use the person’s name because I don’t have permission but it really touched my heart last night:

I'm one of the many readers you probably don't know about of your Good Morning messages. My friend Anna forwards them to me and several other people I work with. I just wanted to let you know that we are all praying for you and Miss N. I praise God for the blessing you bring to us each day with your messages. They really help me keep my perspective during a crazy workday. I especially praise him for the witness you have been through this situation with Miss N. I just wanted to let you know that Gods light is shining through you as you deal with this situation. Please let Miss N. know that although this is not a good time for your family, God is using it, her, and you, for his glory. Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Here’s what the writer of Hebrews says:

Hebrews 12:1-2 (English Standard Version)
Jesus, Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Now I know the writer is continuing the “Faith Chapter” where he lists all the patriarchs and their display of faith – but do you realize how much of a witness you are to people like me and Miss N when you lift us up in prayer? Do you realize how great a blessing you are for us in this difficult time? Well if you didn’t, you now do. Norma and I cannot adequately express thanks to you – but we ask that you keep it up.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment