Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Communication Tools

Good Morning!

3. There is no greater source of wisdom than the Bible and no investment that yields greater returns than prayer.

Psalm 119:9-16 (English Standard Version)
Beth

9How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
10 With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
11I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
12Blessed are you, O LORD;
teach me your statutes!
13With my lips I declare
all the rules[a] of your mouth.
14In the way of your testimonies I delight
as much as in all riches.
15I will meditate on your precepts
and fix my eyes on your ways.
16I will delight in your statutes;
I will not forget your word.


Footnotes:
a. Psalm 119:13 Or all the just decrees

As we continue looking at the ten lessons from 25 years of ministry as given by Bill Shuler, we see two points: the Bible and prayer. I am sure I have said this before but it doesn’t hurt to repeat: the Bible and prayer are our communication tools.

It seems as if every time I open the Scripture (the Bible) there is something there that God has prepared just for me. Now I will admit quickly that there are some passages that bumfoozle me … but I am sure there will come a time when God will reveal His meaning. Still, when I am struggling with the junk that goes on in my life, I know God has dealt with the problem before … and my answer is in His Word. And I know that I can pray and He will answer me.

The more I read God’s Word and the more I pray, the more sense life makes to me. It is that simple. God really wants us to know Him and His will for us. Let’s use our communication tools. And let’s rejoice in the results.

Several has asked about Mom (Leta Harris or Grandma Leta). She called Sunday night. She noticed some abnormalities in her breast and has had her regular doctor check it out. He wants her to have a second mammogram today at eleven in Murphy NC. Mom will be 87 November 6th – so keep her in your thoughts and prayers today.


Agape’


Mr. Jim

New Prayer Need:

Shared Praises:

Miss N returned to work today and is feeling exhausted but otherwise fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment