Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

God's Ways

Good Morning!

I looked up the word “snow” in the Bible keyword search for today’s memory verse. I recognize the passage is three verses long … so take a few days to learn it. It would be a good weekend verse for you.

I really like the passage, though, because the ultimate theme is that God’s Word never returns void. I wonder sometimes when I am writing these good morning messages if they are having any impact. Occasionally I get some positive feedback but most just kinda sit there. Anyway, it is good to know that God’s Word doesn’t return void – even though sometimes we feel that nothing happens.

The passage begins with a clarifying message from God: our ways cannot compare with His. I think this is interesting because I see and hear so often people who want God to conform to their way. A former church member of mine passed away from a heart attack Sunday. I am sure that if I had my way … or if his wife had her way … he would have continued to live. And it is easy to get angry with God and blame Him for not doing what we think is the right thing. But what if my friend had lived … but had brain damage because of a lack of oxygen to his brain? Would that be the right way? We often cannot understand why things happen … and why God permits the things to happen to good people. But our ways are not His … and His ways are far more perfect than ours could ever be.

Scientifically we understand evaporation … and we can guess how all the components of snow and rain and earth and seed work together to produce a plant. And we can duplicate the process to some extent … but not perfectly. God can … and does. Likewise, we cannot know how His word spread can sprout the seed of desire in the heart of one who has yet to believe – but it can and it does because God can and does. We just have to take God at His word on this. And I do…

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment