Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Have Never Been Out of His Care

Good Morning!

Miss N and I went to hear Mark Lowry at Rock Springs Church in Milner Georgia Sunday night. We had a good time … even though the venue was packed about an hour before the time it was to begin. One of the comments Mark made stuck with me … “if God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it”. I thought about my son Jim’s refrigerator. It is so covered with pictures of friends and loved ones that you can’t make out whether it’s white or beige. (I know it’s not avocado, harvest gold or burnt orange … they stopped making those colors a little while ago.) I think the pictures represent a testimony of love and being loved. God’s refrigerator is chock full of pictures … I’m sure yours is on it.

Mark sang a song that stuck with me all Sunday night and Monday. You can listen to Mark sing the song on YouTube. Here’s the lyric:
Verse 1
The eyes of God are upon me, He sees everything I do
The arms of God are around me, He keeps me safe and secure
Chorus
And He knows where I am every hour of every day
He knows each thought I think, He knows each word that I might say
And although there’ve been times I’ve been out of His will
I’ve never been out of His care
Verse 2
This changing world alarms me, with war – with strife – with sin,
But our loving Father charms me, with joy – with peace and with life
Chorus
And He knows where I am every hour of every day
He knows each thought I think, He knows each word that I might say
And although there’ve been times I’ve been out of His will,
I’ve never been out of His care

And although there’ve been times I’ve been out of His will,
I’ve never….. been out… of….. His… care


I started thinking about how God has cared for me all my life – even when I was in rebellion against Him. I truly believe that God preserved me for the day that I could say “yes” to His offer of eternal life. Now I don’t know or pretend to know how that measures up against doctrine such as predestination – and I really don’t care. What I believe is that God is not encumbered by the limits of time and space so that He can know what is going to happen to who before it happens. And I believe He cares for us until that time happens.

The Psalmist says it best:

Psalm 139:1-6 (English Standard Version)
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

1O LORD, you have searched me and known me! 2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
5You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.


See you on the fridge … right next to me, I hope!


Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment