Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Satisfied

Good Morning!

Bills! Bills! Bills! Bills!

It seems like nobody but my creditors knows my home address. But they sure do! Every month I am reminded by my creditors that I owe them some money. And sometimes it seems like I’m in a hole that I will never get out of.
But then I think about the early church leaders who didn’t have regular jobs to fall back on. They lived from day to day on faith.

Paul is very plain in his letters to the church at Thessalonica that he didn’t rely upon them for sustenance … but he worked for his living while doing the work of ministry. And that’s a good thing. But Paul also points out in the passage below that he had learned to do with and without because of his relationship with Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:10-13 (English Standard Version)
God’s Provision
10I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

I have a lot of memories from my time working in the Bus Ministry at First Baptist, Red Oak. One memory is a little lady who had to be in her late seventies or eighties that rode on Scrap Wheeler’s bus. You could tell from her apparel that she didn’t have a lot … but she was faithful in her attendance. I can still picture in my mind her climbing up on Bus number 3 week after week, carrying her coffee cup and her Bible. She didn’t have much … but she had Jesus … and that was enough.

We are in a learning process. There will be times when we have everything we need plus. And there will be times we have just enough and no more. But in the process, we have Jesus … and that, dear loved ones, is more than enough!

Blessings on you today!

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment