Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, June 6, 2011

Druthers

Good Morning!

I want to talk about “druthers”. What are druthers? Well it is a contraction of “I would rather”.

Norma and I leave today for a two day holiday. Our first stop will be to look at a couple of places I have found on the internet that are close to my two oldest children. All of our children have moved away from Riverdale – except Cody and Marquee who are our grandchildren. And while we love our neighbors, we also long to be a little nearer to some of our family. So we have been scouting around to see if we could find a place. In short, we druther be nearer our children.

I shared with my Sunday school class our plans and also shared with them that sometimes we don’t get our druthers. Sometimes God says “no”. And when it comes to my druthers and God’s druthers, well, if I am true to my stand as a Christian, I will hear the “no” and obey. It just so happened that our lesson this week was about King David and his druthers. King David wanted to build a place for the Ark of the Covenant. God said “no”. Now King David had a choice … he could pout or he could help out. There were a lot of things King David did wrong in his life … but this one he got right. He threw all his might behind his son, Solomon, who was the one God chose to build the Temple.

As I said, sometimes we are faced with the same dilemma. The mark of our understanding of our relationship with God (stewards of His possessions) shows when we are disappointed. We just have to believe that God knows what is best. But it doesn’t keep us from looking…

Well, I have a good Bible verse that accompanies that:

Psalm 143:10New International Version (NIV)

10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.


You see, the right relationship is one that acknowledges who God is and is willing to do His will. May that be what always happens in each of our lives.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

Note: Miss N and I are going to be away from home beginning Monday through Wednesday so there won’t be a Good Morning on either Tuesday or Wednesday. But I will be back….

Prayer Need:

Three prayer requests for this day:

Pete Luke – cancer
Profit Lucy - knee surgery
Lila – a four year old with a brain tumor and heart tumor

No comments:

Post a Comment