Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, June 13, 2011

Prayer Needed

Good Morning!

The weekend was good. There were some bittersweet moments but …

I have often wondered why we keep things from each other when times get rough. We do. And we really shouldn’t because we really need each other to get through this thing called “life”.

For the last four years, there has been a heartache that I have shared with just a few folks. The heartache concerned my relationship with my youngest son. It has been “contentious”. We are both strong-willed people – I admit it. And the language of our relationship has been harsh – sometimes even mean. Families sometimes talk that way with each other. About a month ago I emailed him to scold him for not remembering his Mother. He, of course, responded with some hurtful accusations. And we would have gone back and forth except Miss N said it was enough.

Friday, when I arrived home, Miss N had just gotten off the phone with David. I won’t go through the particulars except to say that in that moment, he needed his Mom. Sunday – yesterday – for the first time in over a year, we sat down to talk. He and Katherine have been having some issues that all married couples encounter. And David needed to talk. There is still a long way for us to go … and there is a long way for him and Katherine to go. We agreed that he needed to work out the problems with his marriage and then address our issues. We also agreed to pray for each other. It is a step. The first of many that we know will follow. We begin the process with this one verse from our God:

Psalm 25:1 New International Version (NIV)
Of David.
1 In you, LORD my God,
I put my trust.


Trusting God for the outcome is all that we can do. And letting you know of this need allows you to know what to pray for. Thank you for your prayers today.

Agape’


Mr. Jim


Prayer Need:

My son, David and his wife Katherine are having some difficulties. Please add them to your daily prayer list. Pray that God will heal the hurts that have driven a wedge in their relationship. Thank you – Mr. Jim & Miss N.

No comments:

Post a Comment