Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, June 16, 2011

Father's Day a Few Days Early

Good Morning!

“The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.” Proverbs 23:24 NIV

Yesterday’s verse of the day caught my eye and I just had to share it with all of you.

Miss N and I are blessed with five children – four boys and one girl. And when I say “blessed” I really mean blessed. I mean that even though some have chosen paths that I would not choose. I say that though some have gone through some very difficult periods … and some are going through a difficult period even as we speak. I say blessed even though there have been times when some (or perhaps all) have disagreed with me. Each is still a blessing to me.

I know that today is Thursday and I may be jumping the gun on Father’s day, but it is good to be a Dad … and to have the children that I have. And, yes, I am including my other daughter across the street. Each one is different and each one brings memories of great joy. I didn’t have a long relationship with my Dad … he left before I really knew who he was. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to see my children grow from diapers to being on their own. I miss them … almost every day. I love hearing from them on occasion.

I know there are a bunch of you who are Dads or Moms … and I bet you know how I feel. So … a little early but with great gusto: Happy Fathers Day.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment