Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, February 24, 2020

Dreams ... dreams, dreams, dreams


Good Morning! 

Have you ever had one of those nights where you dream something that just doesn’t make any sense?  Early this morning … I know it was after midnight because someone with a waggily tail had to “go out” after that time … I dreamed that I was still gainfully employed and my old boss, Mr. Day, fired me!!!  Now, I am aware that some folks place meanings to dreams … so I wonder what all that would mean to me.  First, Mr. Day has been dead for almost a decade. Second, I have been retired for six years … and believe that “work” is a four-letter word.  So, the dream doesn’t make sense … unless the memories bubbling up in my brain is preparing me for some disappointment coming down the pike.  If that is the case, I thank my heavenly Father, God, for preparing me for things to come. 

God is good.  God is wise.  God cares about you and me.  From before we were even a thought, God has numbered our days. When we trust in Him, we can walk in confidence, knowing that He wants the very best for all of us.  Hear the words of the prophet, Jeremiah, as he proclaims the words God gave to him…

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

1.      God has a plan for each of us.  When you were being formed in the womb of your mother, God already knew you.  He knew your personality. He knew your strengths and your weaknesses.  He knew … and knows … the desires of your heart.  He offers to you … and to each of us … His plan for us.
2.      His plan is for good to give us both a future and a hope.  God, who knows each day of your future, wants to give you the very best.  I am not speaking of a prosperity gospel … but of those things that last through eternity … things that cannot be bought or sold.  Love, peace, joy and the like.  These intangibles are available to those who trust God.
3.      God is waiting for us. He is listening for us to call upon Him, to offer prayer to Him, to seek him with all of our hearts.  Jesus tells us to prioritize seeking God in our lives so that all may be added to us.  God promises to us.

As we begin our new week, let us set aside the worries and cares that cloud our relationship with God … and spend time meditating on this great promise given to each one of us.  May we seek to follow His great plan for each one.  May we call upon Him and listen carefully for His direction in each one of our lives.  And may we offer praise to God for His great love for us.

My prayer for you today is that God will make you aware of His closeness so that you might feel His touch this good day.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  Father, thank You for Your plan for my life. Help me see Your plan and to respond obediently to that plan. In Jesus’ Name … Amen.

Scripture for today:  Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment