Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, February 7, 2020

Suffer the Little Children

Good Morning! 

Rain!!!  We have had almost six inches of rain over Wednesday and yesterday.  I noticed that Lake Patton is higher than I have ever seen it.  You can hear the water rushing through the spillway from my deck.  In Helen, there are some places where the Chattahoochee River has flooded.  How about your area?  I pray that all of you are safe from harm.

For those of us who are reading the gospels through, our text today is found in Mark 10.

Mark 10:13-16 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 15 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it. 16 And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.

Jesus understood that life toughens the ability of people to believe in the simplicity of God’s salvation.  There HAS to be something else … something beyond just trusting in the blood of Jesus to cover the sin of all of humanity.  Surely God expects us to demonstrate our faith … right?  We have to DO something to prove our faith to Him.

When one thinks about how a child believes, it becomes apparent that all they do is just say “yes”.  The Bible teaches that a person has to do is to confess with their mouth and believe in their heart that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9-10). 

Is that all?  Yes … but the Bible also teaches that when we believe, we become a new creation. Our desires change … we want to be like Jesus; we want to live in the way God would have us live; we want to gather with people of like mind to worship God.  But none of these are essential to our salvation … these actions are an expression OF our salvation.

Each of us must pose the question to ourselves … what do I believe?  I urge you to believe as a child would believe.  Jesus is the Christ … the One anointed by God to be the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all humankind. He offered Himself and His blood is sufficient to cover my sin and your sin.  When we believe in Him and His completed work on the cross, our faith alone is enough to bring us AT ONE with God.  Everything else that we might do to honor God and Christ is a praise offering.

Friday … and the weekend comes.  I hope you will use the Lord’s Day to honor God by gathering with people who also believe.  God bless you this weekend … and please, stay safe.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  I believe, dear Father, but help me in my unbelief. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight. May all that I say and all that I do bring honor to You. In Jesus’ Name … Amen.

Scripture for today:  Mark 10:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment