Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, March 2, 2020

"I Thank My God"


Good Morning! 

Welcome to March!!!  Yesterday was a great day for the first day of March … beautiful weather in our Northeast Georgia mountains.  But today promises the beginning of three or four days of rain.  I remember a time when I promised never to complain about the rain … when Georgia was in the midst of a drought.  I still am not going to complain … just squish through.

A prayer update for all – for several years we have been praying for Annebell.  She went Home to Jesus Friday evening.  We need to pray for her husband, John as he will be adjusting to life alone.  As a fellow widower, I can attest that learning to live without your loved one is a very difficult period.  Statistically, men have a harder time adjusting than women, with many men dying shortly after their spouse.  So, I would appreciate your praying for John.

Well, Friday I shared how much Paul loved Timothy.  This morning, I want to share some words from Paul’s letter to the church at Rome …

Romans 1:8-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you 10 always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you. 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you— 12 that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. 13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers,[athat I have often intended to come to you (but thus far have been prevented), in order that I may reap some harvest among you as well as among the rest of the Gentiles. 14 I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians,[bboth to the wise and to the foolish. 15 So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
Footnotes:
a.     Romans 1:13 Or brothers and sisters. In New Testament usage, depending on the context, the plural Greek word adelphoi (translated “brothers”) may refer either to brothers or to brothers and sisters
b.     Romans 1:14 That is, non-Greeks

At the time of this writing, Paul had not yet been to Rome … but he was aware that a church had been formed in the city.  How was Paul able to tell them that he loved them and prayed for them when he had never met them?  Simple … he “knew” them because they were fellow believers. 

Several of the readers of this blog are people who I have never met … and probably will never meet until we get Home to Glory.  But I can state with confidence that I love you because you are a brother or a sister in Christ Jesus.  And you can love me because I am your brother in Christ.  We are all redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus who gave Himself for each one of us so that we could love one another.  Like Paul, we should pray for one another … even though we don’t know each other … but we can be assured that God is working in each of us.  Let’s make that a practice.

Paul did eventually get to Rome … and I am sure he was able to preach to some in the church even though he was under house arrest and eventually was condemned to death.  He still expressed his love for each brother and sister though.  And we can do so as well.  So, my prayer for YOU today is that God will bless you in your walk with Him and bring you many opportunities to share and care for one another.  And I ask all of this in the precious Name of Jesus, our Savior and our Lord.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  Father, I do thank You for those who read this blog. I pray that each one will be encouraged to love one another and to share Christ as You present opportunities to do so. Bless each one, dear Father. Watch over each step they take today.  Give each one joy and peace the life journey of each one.  In Jesus’ Name … Amen.

Scripture for today:  Romans 1:8-15

No comments:

Post a Comment