Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, April 24, 2020

Opening Georgia

Good Morning! 

I received an email from the gym I attend late last night stating that it will reopen today. This is in response to Governor Kemp’s relaxing of the shelter in place orders from the end of March. Of course, there are those – including President Trump – who disagree with Governor Kemp.  And, I admit that there is reason for some concern … but, as I mentioned to my sister last night in our conversation regarding Mom, what the governor is doing is putting life decisions in the hands of the people.

Like most of my fellow seniors, I fit into what has been described as the at-risk group. I am over 60. I have hypertension. I have had heart surgery … but not heart disease. In addition, I live with a daughter who has, as one of her maladies, some lung issues. So, as a responsible adult, I must take into consideration my preventative actions to protect myself and my daughter. Within our house, we socially distance. Heather wipes down every grocery item I bring in. And so on.

Under the relaxed rules, I will have to make some decisions for myself. Do I get a haircut … or wait another couple of weeks or even a month before doing so? If my favorite restaurant opens its in-house dining facilities, do I dine-in or choose carry-out? Do I trust the people who operate businesses to take precautions for their clientele … or do I stay away while they die on the vine? Do I choose to fight the flab by attending the gym, being careful to wipe equipment down before and after exercising? Each of these are personal decisions that I must make for myself – taking into consideration not only myself but my loved ones as well.

If you live in Georgia, these are questions you will have to answer as well. If you live in other states, these questions will come up when your governor decides. 

Well, taking a look at yet another Psalm we don’t often cite, let’s look at Psalm 113:

Psalm 113 English Standard Version (ESV)
Who Is like the Lord Our God?
113 Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
    praise the name of the Lord!

2 Blessed be the name of the Lord
    from this time forth and forevermore!
3 From the rising of the sun to its setting,
    the name of the Lord is to be praised!

4 The Lord is high above all nations,
    and his glory above the heavens!
5 Who is like the Lord our God,
    who is seated on high,
6 who looks far down
    on the heavens and the earth?
7 He raises the poor from the dust
    and lifts the needy from the ash heap,
8 to make them sit with princes,
    with the princes of his people.
9 He gives the barren woman a home,
    making her the joyous mother of children.
Praise the Lord!

Once again, we see the Psalmist praising God and pointing to His omniscience and omnipotence. God is able to overcome all things that we might encounter on this earth. In response, we should life trusting in His power and His might.

It is hard to believe that May is just a week away. I am struggling with a decision regarding my posting of Good Mornings. The last day of May will mark twelve years of postings. Google’s decision to interrupt my ability to post via email has affected many readers. Looking at the statistics on the blog, it doesn’t appear that many of my former readers have transitioned. So … I am considering ending posting. With that in mind, I am asking two things of you … first, pray for me in making this decision, asking that God guide my thoughts. Second, if you are a reader, send me an email (jim.gant@gmail.com) and I will rebuild my email list to post in that manner rather than by blog (I actually prefer that more personal method).

God bless you this weekend.

Agape’

Mr. Jim

Prayer: Praise the Lord … Whose presence in the midst of our troubles gives us hope for each new day … hope that allows us to continue in faith and not fear. In Jesus’ Name … Amen.

Scripture for today: Psalms 113

No comments:

Post a Comment