Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Proclaim Christ!

Good Morning!

I was thinking of my buddy Scrap yesterday. I was remembering the time he swallowed a goldfish at First Baptist – Red Oak. His challenge to the children on his bus was to get 100 people on the bus. He ended up with 109 on the bus … and had to follow through with his promise. The children loved it! And they learned that they could take Mr. Scrap at his word … if he said he was going to swallow a goldfish, he would do it.

I have a lot of fond memories of the bus ministry at Red Oak. This was a time when one could enter into an apartment complex and go door to door. Most parents were very open to allowing their children ride on the bus. They trusted people who came from the church and who promised to keep their children safe. And, to my knowledge, we never let them down. For seven years the bus ministry did its work at Red Oak – until the cost of maintaining and gassing up the bus became too much for the church.

Every once in a while I go back to those days to think about the accomplishments and the areas of improvement we could have made. I believe we did a great job of bringing children in. I also believe we lost our impetus when we didn’t follow up by bringing the parents in as well. Hindsight is 20/20 … and, should the Lord once again present the same opportunities, I think a lesson has been learned. At least I hope so.

Paul says it best:

Colossians 1:28-29 (New International Version, ©2011)
28 He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. 29 To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.

Well, today is a good day to begin proclaiming!!!

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment