Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, January 27, 2020

Before All; In All


Good Morning! 

I hope your weekend was good. I spent Saturday at the Habersham Community
Theatre doing a little painting of sets in advance of our play that begins February 6. The title of the play is Number the Stars and is about a little girl and her family who help a Jewish family escape the Nazi’s in 1943 Denmark.  It is a dark play … but very tender … worth the $20 ticket for adults, $12 for students. 

Today is another good day … with some rain that should end by the afternoon.  Your prayers for me and the Nursing Home Ministry crew would be very welcome.  We have the privilege of bringing the message of Christ to the forgotten folks who live tucked away from the public view.  The consciousness level is varied but often even the ones who seem most out of it will begin to sing the good old hymns of faith.  Each one is truly a blessing to the NHM crew.

The sermon passage yesterday was Galatians 2:20 … which, as most of you know, is my life verse. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  The preacher gave three points … there has to be a funeral; there has to be a filling; and there has to be faith.  I listened carefully … but one reference the pastor stuck in the vacant space … from Colossians.  So … this morning, as I prepared to write our message for today, I saw this wonderful passage from Paul’s letter …

Colossians 1:15-23 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by[a] him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

21 And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, 22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation[b] under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Footnotes:
Colossians 1:16 That is, by means of; or in
Colossians 1:23 Or to every creature

Jesus is …
·         The very image of the invisible God
·         The firstborn of all creation
·         The creator of all things
·         The One who holds all things together
·         The head of the Church
·         The firstborn from the dead
·         Preeminent
·         The reconciler

We are …
·         Reconciled in Him through His death
·         Made holy and blameless in Him

Jesus paid it all … all to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain … He washed it white as snow.

Have a blessed day …

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  Father, it is all about Jesus. He is my Lord and my Savior. Thank You, dear Father God, for receiving His sacrificial blood offered for me.  Remind me of Your cost for my salvation. Keep me near Jesus all of my days.  In Jesus’ Name … Amen.

Scripture for today:  Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:15-23

No comments:

Post a Comment