Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, January 17, 2020

Plea for Descendants


Good Morning! 

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

This statement found in 3rd John 4 states clearly how I feel about my children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.  I am sure this is true for you as well.  My hope is that all of my descendants will know Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior; learning to walk in the Light of Christ and live as true servants to God. 

There are only two things I can do towards this hope.  The first is to live a life before my descendants that honors the One who I claim as Lord. Before I can make my talk, I need to show my commitment by my walk. Each child should see my devotion in the study of God’s Word and the choices I make as a result.  They should hear me talk about how God has blessed me. They should witness my reaction to life’s many challenges as I trust God and seek His face. And they should hear the gospel message from my lips either directly or indirectly.  I believe as they see the witness of their father, grandfather or great-grandfather, they will make the decision to follow Jesus.

The good old hymn “Trust and Obey” says it best …

When we walk with the Lord
in the light of his word,
what a glory he sheds on our way!
While we do his good will,
he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey. 

Let us purpose to walk with the Lord this very day …

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  Father, I trust in You. I plea for my children, asking that You will intervene should they stray from You. I plea for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren, asking that You work in the lives of their parents so they might know You as I know You. Teach each one of us … me, my children, and all their descendants … to walk in Truth and thus honor You.  In the precious Name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture for today:  3rd John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment