Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, January 2, 2020

Wisdom

Good Morning! 

What a beautiful January 1 we had yesterday!  I managed to get in a round of golf with some friends.  I hope your day was as good.

The verse of the day on Biblegateway.com is Psalms 90:12 …

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

Psalms 90 is attributed as a prayer of Moses, a man of God.  I find it hard to imagine what life was like for Moses as he led the people of Israel from point to point towards the Promised Land. We have to remember that, according to Scripture, Moses was 80 years old when He and Aaron appeared before Pharaoh to demand that Israel be freed.  He led Israel in the Wilderness for 40 years, dying just before Israel entered the Promised Land.  I am impressed by his vitality in what we often refer to as the “later years”. 

It is amazing how our culture seems to view older people as less viable.  Oh, to be sure, we have trouble adapting to new technology … but the experiences of life are invaluable in the key choices we make in life.  Moses understood that these life experiences teach us to deal more wisely than when we were much younger.

Moses utters this prayer to God asking Him to teach us to pay attention to what our days have taught us in our life journey.  Think about how you reacted to a life issue when you were much younger … and how you might react today.  I would imagine on most issues, your reaction would be wiser … because you have learned from experience.  I would also imagine you would that you would seek God’s face as you responded … a very wise move.

Well, I know many of you will be returning to work today.  May God be with you and keep you throughout the day.  And may He provide you many opportunities to honor Him with your life.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  Teach me, dear Father God, to number my days … to pay attention to the life lessons You have taught me in the past as I live each day.  Give me the wisdom to know how to best serve You in my walk today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Scripture for today:  Psalms 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment