Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, January 3, 2020

Trust


Good Morning! 

My thoughts this morning turn to the advice of the writer of Proverbs concerning trusting in the Lord.  Although I have written on the following two verses many times, God continues to bring it to the forefront of my mind … I wonder why?  Perhaps it is because our life events are a training ground for learning this important life lesson.

Proverbs 3:5-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.

I have often asked myself the question about why I can trust God for my eternal salvation … and yet not trust Him for my day-to-day existence.  Like most men … and it is a trait of the male species … I often fall into the trap of trying to “fix things” … using my “vast” knowledge and acumen.  And I usually end up causing a big mess.  Over the course of years, I have learned to turn to God for direction on even the simplest of things, trusting in His omniscience. 

I truly believe God desires the very best for all of His creation.  I believe Him when He says that all of his creation was “good” … and the highest point of His creation – humans- were “very good”.  We are His prized possession … valued so highly that He would sacrifice even Himself to redeem us.  Thus, we should trust Him to lead us in the right way.  And we should acknowledge Him as our God … offering praise and honor in our every thought and action.

As we begin yet another year, let’s purpose to place our trust in Him … to seek His face and His leadership as we continue our earthly journey towards Home.

God bless you on this first weekend of the new year.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  Lead me, Lord, as I walk on this earth. Guide my thoughts and my footsteps along the way. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my God and my Redeemer. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Scripture for today:  Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment