Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Good Morning!

So I am traveling home last night from Lawrenceville GA, thinking about what I would write on this last day of 2010. I was thinking of all the challenges Miss N and I have faced this year … and there have been quite a few. And in my mind I was thinking that I might be premature in closing out the year too early … when the car in front of me stopped suddenly. Well, I didn’t. So 2010 is ending somewhat like it began … another challenge for another day.

How does one continue to have a positive attitude when life hands one so many challenges? I would not know how if I did not know Jesus. I would not know how if I did not have the Lord to turn to in times of trouble. But here’s what I do know:

Proverbs 3:5-8 (English Standard Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
7 Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
8It will be healing to your flesh[a]
and refreshment[b] to your bones.
Footnotes:
a. Proverbs 3:8 Hebrew navel
b. Proverbs 3:8 Or medicine

“Okay, Lord, it has been a tough year … but with Your help Miss N and I have gotten through it. We know that in our own power we cannot possibly know the whys and the wherefores about the troubles – but we know that You do. So we are just going to place our lives in Your hands … Your capable, loving hands. And we are going to continue to follow the path You lay before us. Thank You for protecting us throughout this year and the year to come. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

I am grateful that no one was hurt in the wreck. Two young people were in the vehicle – one goes to Georgia Southern and is studying IT. The other is going to Piedmont College and is studying business. They are brother and sister, out to get a haircut. They allowed me to sit in their back seat as the police did his investigation – very respectful and nice young people. The policeman was excellent – treated all of us respectfully and even shook my hand as we parted. So that is the episode for the day … the next to the last for 2010.

God is good – all the time – protecting and providing; giving and guiding. Happy New Year!!! God bless you each day of the coming year.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

NOTE: I will be away from the computer Monday so there won’t be a Good Morning. Miss N and I will be Mawmaw and Pop for the weekend, having the joy of being with two of our grandgirls. See you on the 4th.


New Prayer Need:

I received this email update on Mary Jewell Gent from Ellen through her Aunt Jeanette yesterday:

THANKS FOR THE CARD. I HAVE A SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST. PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR PRAYER LIST AND ANY PRAYER CHAIN YOU ARE CONNECTED TO
I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH GASTROPODS. I AM NURSES ABOUT 80%
OF THE TIME MISERABLE LIFE. I WON'T SEE MY DR. AGAIN TILL THE 11TH OF JAN. PLEASE PRAY I CAN GET SOME RELIEF. I KNOW GOD HAS A PLAN. I AM IMPATIENT I HAVE A HARD TIME KEEPING THE DEVIL OFF MY BACK HE IS ALWAYS TELLING ME THIS IS THE WAY YOU HAVE TO LIVE. I AM BASICLY ON A LIQUID DIET. I DRINK A LOT OF ENSURE & BOOST. I HAVE LOST 21LBS SINCE ABOUT THE MITTLE OF SEPT. LOOK IT UP ON YOUR COMPUTER AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT THE DISEASE IS LIKE. IT IS REALLY TERRIABLE.

Thank you for praying for Ms. Gent.

No comments:

Post a Comment