Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Day Before The Night Before

Good Morning!

It’s the day before the night before Christmas. A couple of nights ago Miss N and I spent the evening watching the Christmas Carol starring Patrick Stewart as Scrooge. Yesterday I got to play nine holes with my good friend and competitor Tim McCullough. We had a great time even though it was a blustery day. Blessings just seem to be all around us this year … and some heartaches, too … but overall it is a good Christmas.

I wonder what it was like for Mary as she made her way from Nazareth to Bethlehem. Her journey was a long tirp over not so smooth roads; up and down mountains; cold nights; little food. It is a hardship we cannot even begin to appreciate. But she made the journey and Jesus was born. And we celebrate at this time of year that birth.

I have a hard time picking out my favorite Christmas carol. I love “O Come All Ye Faithful”. But I also equally love “Joy to the World” and “Angels We Have Heard on High”. There are so many good familiar carols from which to choose … and each provides us with another facet of the beautiful jewel that is the Song of Christmas.

I will be writing tomorrow … but I will probably be much more brief than today … we have a lot to do on Christmas Eve morning. And perhaps you do, too … so I will take this opportunity to say Merry Christmas and God bless you during this time of year.

Agape’


Mr. Jim


New Prayer Need:
Inman “Junior” Beavers – hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment