Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rose of Bethlehem

Good Morning!

Miss N and I went shopping at Family Christian store recently. One of our purchases was a Christmas CD by Selah. Below is the lyric from the song I like best …

There's a Rose in Bethlehem
With a beauty quite divine
Perfect in this world of sin
On this silent holy night

There's a fragrance much like hope
That it sends upon the wind
Reaching out to every soul
From a lowly manger's crib

Oh, Rose of Bethlehem
How lovely, pure, and sweet
Born to glorify the Father
Born to wear the thorns for me

There's a Rose in Bethlehem
Colored red like mercy's blood
Tis the flower of our faith
Tis the blossom of God's love

Though its bloom is fresh with youth
Surely what will be He knows
For a tear of morning dew
Is rolling down the Rose

Oh, Rose of Bethlehem
How lovely, pure, and sweet
Born to glorify the Father
Born to wear the thorns for me

There's a Rose in Bethlehem
With a beauty quite divine
Perfect in this world of sin
On this silent holy night

Oh, Rose of Bethlehem
How lovely, pure, and sweet
Born to glorify the Father
Born to wear the thorns for me

You can YouTube this and hear it … it makes my day every time I hear it.

Christmas is just a few days away. Miss N and I have wrapped up our shopping (I think) and are in the process of wrapping up the presents. We give presents to our friends and family as a token of the greatest of all gifts – the gift of Jesus Christ, our Lord. He truly is the best gift that could ever be given. And the best gift anyone could receive. You know, God offers the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus to all of us – not just at Christmas time but all year round. If you have never received this precious gift, I encourage you … no, I beg you … receive Jesus today. Here’s how:

(1) Acknowledge – (a) you are a sinner – all of us are, so you are not alone; (b) you cannot redeem yourself – no matter how we try, we still cannot match God’s perfection; (c) God has provided the means for you to be redeemed through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
(2) Choose – to turn from your sin and to God through Jesus Christ.
(3) Trust – place your trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ. Pray this simple prayer: “Lord, I admit that I am a sinner and cannot save myself. I am placing my trust in Jesus Christ right now today, fully believing in His power to redeem and secure me. In Jesus’ Name … Amen


You may already be a believer in Jesus Christ … but your fire has grown a little cold. Perhaps life events have served to dampen your spirit. Jesus is ready to help you get fired back up … just ask Him to reignite that fervor you once had. And watch out !!!

Or perhaps you have a loved one … a friend or a family member that needs to know Jesus. Take a few minutes to share Christ with him or her. Wouldn’t it be great to have a new brother or sister in Christ on this Christmas?

Praise God, it is a beautiful day to be a believer … I hope your day is fully blessed.


Agape’


Mr. Jim


New Prayer Need:
Inman “Junior” Beavers – hospital
Pastor James Cook - illness

Shared Praises:
Profit Lucy is doing well is his recovery from surgery. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment