Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rest

Good Morning!

There are just three more days in 2010 … can you believe it? One of the things I notice as I progress in age is the swiftness of the days passing. I can remember the time when it seemed that Christmas would never come. Now it seems that Christmas and New Years are only a week apart – with New Years coming first. I’m thinking it is because we are in the age of computers – speed ramped up to lightning speed. Remember when computers came out in the 1970’s? Not only were they slow … you had to program them to do the simplest tasks. We have come a long way in a very short time.

The verse of the day on BibleGateway yesterday was Matthew 11:28. I think it appropriate at this time of year … well at any time of the year. A lot of folks are hurting – underemployed; unemployed; underpaid; unpaid; sick; disabled; depressed; in deep debt. It is a heavy burden to bear. But here Jesus tells us:

Matthew 11:28-30 (English Standard Version)
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

Ahhhh … rest. Rest for my soul. Rest from the burden I bear. Jesus offers it to me.

But just what does Jesus mean? Is He talking about not having to worry about the bills or the job or health? Well, sort of – but I think more about learning to trust Him even in those circumstances.

Looking for rest??? Look to Jesus.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment