Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, December 27, 2019

Come and Trust


Good Morning! 

2019 is winding down … soon we will be in 2020.  My, my, my … how time flies.  Doesn’t it seem that we were at this time just moments ago … with 2018 coming to an end?  Time passes … and we go forward … hoping for the coming of Lord Jesus. 

This morning, let’s look at the beginning of one of my favorite Psalms …

Psalm 40 English Standard Version (ESV)
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord.

David trusted God to respond when he called upon Him.  David had learned that God was involved in his life … and came to depend upon Him.  David tells us that when he called to God, God not only heard him but responded by setting David on solid ground. 

As the years pass, I find that David’s Psalm of praise and trust in God becomes more and more applicable in my life.  God has always been attentive to my needs … I just wasn’t aware of God’s involvement.  Patiently, God reveals to me how much He loves me … and cares for my needs. 

God loves you, too. 

I am reminded of the song “Just As I Am”.  “Just as I am, without one plea, but that Thy blood was shed for me. And that Thou bidst me come to Thee … O Lamb of God, I come … I come.”  Will you come?  Will I?  Will my commitment to following my Savior and Lord be a daily commitment to discipleship and praise?  Will my heart be tuned to the desires of the Father … ignoring the call of the world on my life?   Will the “new song” God placed in my mouth be sung loudly.  Oh, Lord, make it so in me.

Have a great weekend.  God bless each one of you.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer: Open my heart, dear Father God, so that I might see, hear, and do all that You would have me do for You.  Teach me to trust You in all of my steps and to give glory to You as I make those steps. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Scripture for today:  Psalms 40:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment