Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Shine Your Light


Good Morning! 

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” – John 8:12

Jesus is the Light of the world.  We are reflectors of His Light. The Light of His Life shines through our lives, revealing His love for all.  Each one of us is a beacon in a dark world … a world that celebrates rebellion against the rule of God. 

As we read on in John 8, we find that the religious leadership basically called Jesus a liar …

13 So the Pharisees said to him, You are bearing witness about yourself; your testimony is not true.

Just as the Pharisees challenged the veracity of Jesus, you and I should not be shocked when the world around us challenges the message we bear.  Our message of God’s great love for all begins with a person having to acknowledge his or her own sin.  You and I know how difficult that admission is … because each one of us have had to do the same.  But we also know the benefit of agreeing with God about our sinfulness and our need for His loving forgiveness.  That knowledge compels us to share God’s love … allowing the Light of Christ to fill us and shine forth.

Jesus tells us that we are the light of the world as well. And He tells us to not hide our light. We should not allow the forces of darkness … even those who profess to be religious … to dim the Light of Christ that lives within us.  Hear the reply Jesus gave the religious leaders …

 14 Jesus answered, Even if I do bear witness about myself, my testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. 17 In your Law it is written that the testimony of two people is true. 18 I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.

The Apostle Paul would later write “The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.  Jesus understood that the religious leadership of His day could not understand His message because their focus was on the do’s and don’ts of men … and not on God’s infinite mercy and grace.  This lack of understanding remains today … as the world focuses on the human ability to do good rather than on the grace of God that forgives sin.

So, what’s the point for us today?  Let YOUR light shine!  The source of YOUR Light is the Light of Christ Jesus that shines in YOU.  Speak truth … even when the words you speak are challenged.  Don’t allow the world to silence your testimony.  You know what trusting Christ means in your life.  Tell your story confidently … because God will back your message.

God bless you all this good day.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer: Speak through me, dear Father God.  Give me the words to say and the courage to say them.  Calm my fears. Clear my mind.  And shine Your Light in me.  In Jesus’ Name … Amen.

Scripture for today: John 8:12-18


No comments:

Post a Comment