Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Thanks


Good Morning! 

Some time around 9:00 this evening, Mr. Oscar and I will retire to bed and 2019 will be history for us.  I am not one to stay up to “welcome” the New Year.  I am sure some of my neighbors will shoot off a few fireworks … and rouse me for a moment.  But I will embrace 2020 when I awake the next morning. 

Not counting the events of this good day, how has your 2019 been? I can only speak of my experiences for the year … and give God the glory for His continual presence in my life.  God filled my life this past year … giving me peace in the life challenge of open-heart surgery; allowing me to sing His praises at both Gateway and Friendship rehabilitation clinics; allowing me the opportunity to teach His Word; and supplying me with a daily message of encouragement to share.  Thank You, dear Father God, for loving me so much.

My extracurricular activities included the opportunity to act in three plays and to play a lot of golf. These opportunities allowed me to get to know different folks … and hopefully shine the light of Christ for them to see.  We are in the world … but we do not have to be a part of the world.  We can live a life before our fellow humans that reflects God’s great love for ALL of His creation.  

So, what is in store for 2020?  I don’t know … God does.  My prayer for myself is that I will be faithful – ready to answer the call.  Many, many years ago, I heard a sermon taken from Isaiah 6:8 –

8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.

The question asked in that sermon was … are you willing?  Are you?  Am I?  2020 presents each one of us a new opportunity to say “Here I am! Send me.” 

God bless you this good day … and this night.  May God protect those who venture out to celebrate the end of 2019 and the coming of 2020.  And may this coming year be one where Christ is lifted high … drawing all to Himself.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer:  Thank You, dear Father, for all You have done for me in all my life … especially 2019 as I faced surgery.  Thank You for continuing to make my life useful for You.  Walk with me, dear Father, in the coming year.  And, Father, if 2020 is THE YEAR, allow me to be steadily at work, sharing Christ until He comes in Glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Scripture for today:  Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment