Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Come, Lord Jesus


Good Morning! 

1 O come, O come, Immanuel,
and ransom captive Israel
that mourns in lonely exile here
until the Son of God appear.

Refrain:
Rejoice! Rejoice! Immanuel
shall come to you, O Israel.

You may have picked up on the theme this week … unintentional I promise. The words of the songs all ask to “come”.  For generations, Israel had looked to the coming of the Messiah. And, for generations, believers in the Lord Jesus have looked for His coming again.  The point is that God had promised that the Messiah would come … and He did.  God had promised that all the world would be blessed … and it has been and will be.  I know for my “world” … also known as “my earthly journey”, God has immensely blessed me. 

I don’t often go to the Revelation for a Good Morning message … but I want to do so today as it points to another coming …

Revelation 22:6-21 English Standard Version (ESV)
Jesus Is Coming
And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.”
And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

10 And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.

12 Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes,[a] so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. 15 Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
16 I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.

17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.[b] Amen.

Footnotes:
Revelation 22:14 Some manuscripts do his commandments
Revelation 22:21 Some manuscripts all the saints

I am looking under the Christmas tree this morning … there are two gifts still there … one for my Mom … one for a good friend.  I will deliver these gifts to the ones intended in the next day or two.  For those who believe, God has another gift for us … a second coming of our Savior and our Lord, Christ Jesus.  He has promised … and He keeps His promise. 

Merry Christmas …

Agape’

Mr. Jim
  
Prayer: Father, I pray that You will come quickly. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Scripture for today: Revelation 22:6-21

Prayer Request for today: I received notice that one of the folks we have been praying for came to the end of his earthly journey Monday morning.  Please lift up the family of David Taylor as they grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment