Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Good Morning! And Happy Thanksgiving!

The Gant family has so much to be thankful for this year … well, every year but this year especially. We have been through some trials this year and God has proven faithful. I think our blessings from God could fill cyberspace and not even begin to enumerate all. But here are a few things Mr. Jim is thankful for:

I am thankful for Jesus Christ. He who knew no sin took on my sin burden so that I might be forgiven by God and restored to Him.

I am thankful for Miss N – the soul mate God ordained for me. I am thankful for each joy she brings in my life … and most of the problems, too. God has blessed us both during her year of health struggles. And I know that He is able to sustain us through whatever the future holds.

I am thankful for each of my children. Each one is special and brings a different aspect of joy in my life. I thank God for each one. I thank God for their spouses and significant others. I pray God’s blessings on all.

I am thankful for my grandchildren and my great grandchild. God has blessed us with twelve grandchildren – some who have grown and married; some still growing. Miss N and I take great pleasure in watching their growth – and in seeing how our children raise their children.

I am thankful for my Mother and my siblings. I am thankful for the heritage that God granted to me and pray that I will not dishonor that heritage.

I am thankful for my friends – people God has brought into my life that give me great joy. I am thankful for my friends friends who read this Good Morning message each day.

Well, that is just the short list. I could go on and on – for the blessings from God never seem to have an end. Aren’t you glad that God blesses us? I end this Good Morning with the Old 100th:

Psalm 100 (King James Version)
1Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.


Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Agape’


Mr. Jim

New Prayer Need:
.
Edna Pennington – Norma’s brother’s wife – cancer
Jamie Gant – flu bug

No comments:

Post a Comment