Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seek The Lord...

Good Morning!

Isaiah 55:6-8 (English Standard Version)
6 "Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call upon him while he is near;
7let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him,
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.


I was a young Christian … an adult but just barely … sitting in the home of a person who I had met through the bus ministry at First Baptist – Red Oak Georgia. I wasn’t skilled in sharing the Gospel … I kinda knew the “Four Spiritual Laws” and most of the “Roman Road” (for the uninitiated, these are series of Scriptures that are used in evangelism). But I wasn’t confident in my ability. I hadn’t learned to trust God’s ability and just make my availability my primary mission. And this person was convinced that she could not ever be forgiven for what she had done in her life. Well, maybe the Scripture above may not seem to fit … but I think there is a lot about forgiveness in this passage.

(1) An invitation is being extended: “seek”, “call”, “forsake” and “return” are all actions that the wandering one can take – if they choose to do so. To choose to not do these will have dire consequences. But in doing so what happens ….
(2) God will (a) have compassion upon him and (b) abundantly pardon him.

I wish that I had known this on that night now nearly forty years ago. How I wish I had been a better Bible student – and more willing to let God use me. The dear lady saw God as unwilling to forgive sinners … when in reality God WANTS to forgive us. Humans think of retribution … God thinks of reconciliation. But then, His thoughts are not our thoughts … and His ways are not our ways … until we surrender to Him.

God bless you today in your journey.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment