Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, November 8, 2010

Looking At Numbers

Good Morning!

What a glorious weekend! Miss N and I went to the mountains to help Grandma Leta celebrate her 87th birthday – and we had a really good day. We went across the mountain through Helen to Cleveland where daughter Heather lives. I had some basil that would have frozen had I not pulled it Friday night. Basil really makes a car smell good … but it can be a little overpowering after awhile.

My sister, Claire, and her husband, daughter and granddaughter came to see Grandma, too; and we all went to the Brothers Restaurant in Young Harris Georgia. Grandma had a marvelous time. And so did we. Claire’s granddaughter is named Mackenzie. I told her some of the stories that happened while we were growing up and she really loved it.

I was thinking about numbers yesterday. Try these on for size: 3787429; 3737490; 1546; 1749; 1001. What do these numbers have in common? Well, nothing for you but for me these are all numbers I memorized as a small child. 1546 Alder Court, Atlanta Georgia was where we lived until I was seven years old. 1001 Oakdale Road, Atlanta Georgia was Grandma’s house; 1749 Coventry Road, Decatur Georgia was the house Mom bought in 1959. The first two numbers were the phone numbers at 1749 and at 1001. So why am I talking numbers. Well let me give you a couple of more numbers to ponder:

John 3:16
1st Corinthians 10:13
Romans 10:13
1st John 1:9
Psalm 119:9, 11

Are these familiar? Well, I will bet you got at least one … and perhaps some of you got all of them. All of these are great Bible verses that you should commit to memory – so that when things don’t go your way, you can always reach in your memory and pull out these great verses.

What verses are really meaningful to you? I know you have at least one. Why not take a few minutes to think on your favorite verse this morning. Remember:
9 How can a young person live a pure life?
By obeying your word.
10 With all my heart I try to obey you.
Don't let me break your commands.
11 I have taken your words to heart
so I would not sin against you.
12 Lord, you should be praised.
Teach me your demands.
13 My lips will tell about
all the laws you have spoken.
14 I enjoy living by your rules
as people enjoy great riches.
15 I think about your orders
and study your ways.
16 I enjoy obeying your demands,
and I will not forget your word.


Agape’


Mr. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment