Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, November 29, 2010

Satisfied With Jesus

Good Morning!

Well the weekend is past … stuffed with turkey; tired from the trips to and from our destinations; shopped out; and now it is Monday … whew!

But, if you are reading this Good Morning, you can thank God that He carried you throughout the first of several holidays we celebrate – safe and sound. God is so good to each one of us.

Miss N and I had to vacate 6766 for a night this past weekend. Our house is a one bathroomer – which amazes a lot of folks when they realize we raised five children. I assure you that each school morning was an adventure in our house. But we are grateful for the one bathroom. Miss N actually spent the early part of her life in a house that had only a path in tiny Cohutta Georgia. Anyway, my grandson, Cody, is putting down tile in our bathroom and it takes 24 hours for the adhesive to cure – so no bathroom. My oldest child, Jim, and his wife Angie welcomed us into their home for Friday night. They live in Clarkesville Georgia … a little town in the North Georgia mountains.

If I had my “druthers”, I would like to live in a small town in the North Georgia mountains. But I am willing to live anywhere the Lord wants me to live and to do His work. You see, while the mountains may beckon, the reality is I am happy wherever God has placed me. Paul wrote about this:

Philippians 4:10-13 (English Standard Version)
God’s Provision

10I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

When I think about 6766, I remember when Michael was diagnosed with severe allergies and we needed a home with hardwood floors. We didn’t have a down payment. We barely made ends meet – but God provided. And it is and has been “home” for over thirty four years. God is good. And I am grateful to Him wherever I am and wherever He may send me.

Agape’


Mr. Jim

New Prayer Need:

Gerri Pennington on the loss of her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment