Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

05/05/2010

Good Morning!

What a gorgeous day we had yesterday here in Atlanta Georgia. The sky was a brilliant blue with just enough clouds to remind one of the day before. And it was a day I got to meet another new friend on the golf course – Ron. As usual, during the course of play, Ron and I got around to talking of matters of faith. I told Ron I was headed to Hayesville to see Mom on Sunday. I am looking forward to the trip because I will get to see my brother Bruce and my sister Claire as well as Mom. We don’t get the opportunity to get together often and, as I age, I find that these times are more meaningful than in the past.

Ron shared that he will share his day with his wife. His mother passed when he was but four years old. He then shared how much God has blessed him in spite of the troubles in his early life. He has three children – all who are successful. And both he and his wife are successful. But he shared that the thing that gives him the most joy is to know that his children have received Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior. The Pentecostal in me almost took control right there on the golf course – but my Presbyterian upbringing was able to contain it until after the shot. You know, I never did get around to asking Ron what his denomination was… I don’t think it really matters as long as Jesus is Lord.

I really needed to run into Ron last night. My spiritual bucket was running a little low. Isn’t amazing how God places people in your path at just the right time to encourage you, build you up, set you straight, or just to love you for who you are. We don’t serve a God who is distant from us…no, we serve a God that is involved in every aspect of our life. And that makes today – and every day – special. God bless you this day.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
Fatdad5@comcast.net
"Preach the Gospel everyday - and if you have to, use words" ... St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment