Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, May 10, 2010

A Morning at Grady

Good Morning!

I hope each of you had wonderful weekend. Norma and I certainly did – although it didn’t start out the way we planned. Our plans were to spend Saturday morning as usual – me shopping for groceries; she working at Southern Regional. Then we were headed to Jim and Angie’s to spend Saturday night and to Mom’s on Sunday. We didn’t plan for a Friday trip to Grady hospital or for the S-10 to end up on the scrap heap – but that is what happened Friday.

Norma called me about ten minutes to seven Friday morning to tell me she had been in an accident. She was very distraught – so I gave our grandson Cody a call. He made it lickety-split to where his Mawmaw was. By that time the ambulance had already arrived and she was being treated. The paramedics insisted on taking her down to Grady because her hand looked as if it were broken. When Cody called me, he said her knuckles were pushed bad to the middle of her hand. So I was pretty upset by the time I arrived at Grady. Actually, I beat the ambulance there – and had to sit in the Waiting room for what seemed like forever (about twenty minutes). I finally went back to the desk and was let back into the Emergency area. Norma was there – her hand pretty swollen but not as badly as I had imagined. They x-rayed her all over it seemed like – and we waited. And we waited. And we waited – until about one o’clock when the results came back.

I am convinced that God hears our prayers. Norma didn’t suffer a single broken bone – just a badly bruised left hand and body aches from the sudden stop, the air bag deploying, and the seat belt holding her back.

We did make our trips to Clarkesville and to Hayesville this weekend – and to Acworth as a bonus. Plus my son Michael and his two young men made a special Friday trip to see about Mawmaw. Norma said she could hurt just as much on the road as at home – but she really did make a sacrifice for me to do these things. God has blessed me with such a great wife.

Mother’s day weekend turned out to be a great day for acknowledging God blessings. He blessed me with a good Mom. And He blessed me with a good wife who is mother to my children and Mawmaw to my grandchildren. And He has protected them and all of those close to me. I hope He has done the same for you.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
Fatdad5@comcast.net
"Preach the Gospel everyday - and if you have to, use words" ... St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment