Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Monday, May 31, 2010

Good Morning!



We observe Memorial Day today. It is a time we remember the men and women who sacrificed their all so that we could enjoy the freedoms we have today. Even today, we have men and women in combat on foreign shores to protect the liberty. Some have said that we should not be involved in these foreign wars – and I imagine that even some of the readers here will have that view. I don’t – because I realize that the battles that are being fought in those foreign countries are for the freedoms we take for granted.

To update everyone, the weekend was blessed. Cody and Marquee are husband and wife. They are headed for Orlando for a honeymoon. We have Sammie dog for the duration. Sammie is a barker – a long haired daschund, totally black. He fits right in with our dogs and cats.

The wedding was simple but very good. We gathered at the Nash Farm Carriage House in Lovejoy and had an outdoor wedding. It was hot but not unbearable. We then had a reception that included my mother dancing. And she danced pretty well for a lady of 86. It is unusual for a grandmother to dance at a grandchild’s wedding – but a great-grandmother dancing is pretty rare – at least I think so. It was quite a joyful occasion

We were supposed to go to Clarkesville for a birthday party Saturday – but Miss N and I were completely worn out from all the running around Thursday and Friday. So we just lounged around, doing nothing and resting our old bones. We later found out that Angie’s dad had to make a trip to the hospital while up there.

The text of the wedding ceremony was from 1st Corinthians 13:1-8a

The Greatest Gift
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails..

Footnotes:
a. 1 Corinthians 13:3 NU-Text reads so I may boast

Jesus taught us to love one another. And that is what we should do today and every day. Love one another.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
Fatdad5@comcast.net
"Preach the Gospel everyday - and if you have to, use words" ... St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment