Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Self Control

05/26/2010

Good Morning!

James 1:19-20 (English Standard Version)
Hearing and Doing the Word
19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

OUCH!!! My toes are hurting.

God’s Word hits the nail right on the head. I have been known to have a quick temper. I am not proud of that – I am stating a fact that I have to deal with every day. And it’s not easy with all the stuff that goes on around us these days.

I have to remind myself that every action and every reaction I have presents a testimony. I want my testimony to be one that honors God – that exhibits His love towards all men – not just the folks I like or that I agree with. So when I read brother James, I am reminded that I need to control that urge to speak quickly and not to listen. When I do, I find my days go better.

I hope you will have a blessed day.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
Fatdad5@comcast.net
"Preach the Gospel everyday - and if you have to, use words" ... St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment