Daily Thoughts To Think About

Finally, brothers, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellance, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8



Friday, May 28, 2010

Prayer Warriors

Good Morning!

Today is Cody and Marquee’s wedding day. There are so many memories I can share about Cody – the one I used to call “Tink” (short for “stinker”). I remember him as a five year old desiring to walk with me around the neighborhood. He was one of the first grandchildren to actually express his love for “Pop” in this way. I have watched him grow into a young man with hopes and dreams for tomorrow. His bride is a beautiful young lady – quiet and shy to begin with … but now so much a part of our family. It was Marquee (and Cody) who cleaned up after Norma had to go to the hospital some months ago. No one had to ask – they just did it. How fortunate are we to have these two beautiful people as a part of our family.

I was able to play nine holes Wednesday afternoon. While on the course, I saw my buddy Harold driving into the Links. You have been praying for Harold’s wife, Jeanie, who had surgery on the 17th. I am happy to report that she is doing well physically – but needs our continued prayers as she mends. It’s the waiting to know that you are okay that can be discouraging. So keep them close in your heart as you pray this weekend.

I was finishing my round when I saw Ulysses on the first hole. He came very quickly over to me, saying he had been hoping to see me. His brother, Curtis, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. As you will remember, “U”, as we call him, is recovering from the same cancer. NOTE: most men will develop prostate cancer if they live long enough – but prostate cancer is genetic so if one male in the family develops it, the other males need to be tested periodically. For example, my boys need to be tested because both Bruce and I have had prostate cancer. Just letting you know.

U wanted us to pray for Curtis because he values the Prayer Warriors who read this Good Morning message. And, let me tell you, I am convinced that this group of believers consist of effective prayer partners. So keep all the folks on the list in your hearts today.

James 5:13-18 (English Standard Version)
The Prayer of Faith
13Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 14Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.[a] 17Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
Footnotes:
a. James 5:16 Or The effective prayer of a righteous person has great power

Have a blessed weekend.

Agape’

Mr. Jim
Fatdad5@comcast.net
"Preach the Gospel everyday - and if you have to, use words" ... St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment